Monday, November 8, 2010

Ahhh, a sigh of relief

Jon called me yesterday for 59 beautiful minutes. :) He was in high spirits and seemed like his old self. He was joking around and it was quite a comfort.

He said that he has his photos that he took at the beginning of basic and will send them our way soon. He probably won't look like that at all when we finally see him, but oh well! I'll take what I can get!

Oh! On family day, we're going to have a surrogate family member named Leon. Poor guy doesn't have any family coming. We'll definitely have to give him some loves. :)

Jon got sharp shooter in BRM and he says that he has his final PT test this week. He's not worried about it because he's got his 2 miles down to 16 mins (woohoo!) He's in the 70th percentile for pushups and sit ups and you only have to hit the 50th mark. He says he's good for AIT too!

Last week they did the 12K march and had FTX2 (Field Training Excercise). He said it was a bit cold, but the sleeping bags they have are awesome, so it wasn't bad at all. They had to do night patrols and such. He said he loves camping, so it was actually kinda fun. <3

He's excited to show me the PX & as much of the post as he knows. He said that he doesn't really know a bunch of it because they keep them pretty sequestered. He said that he won't be able to show us the barracks because it's a secure area. Oh well, we could be at the post dump and I'd still be stoked to be with him. 

I'm still on cloud 9 from the call, but I have to say... it's kind of sad that I miss him so much and still have 3.5 weeks to go. The cheerful, I can do this, attitude is getting harder and harder to keep up. It's just wearing on me a bit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited about meeting Leon! I asked Jon if there are any of his buddies who do not have a family support system......who do not get letters. I'll be happy to fill in. Leon, welcome to the Pampell family.
Things seem to be going well. Thank you God for this. We're getting close to completing this training phase.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Well, at least for a couple of days, Leon, welcome to the Pampell family. Sorry your family can't make it to graduation.

Post a Comment